Machine Readable Visas (MRVs)
Citizens of most countries require valid visa to enter Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Permanent Mission in Geneva determines the type and category of visa and duration of stay upon receiving an application. The types and categories differ according to the purpose of visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangement with the country of the foreign national.
The Embassy and Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva mainly issues visas for Swiss Nationals. However, other foreign Nationals, having Swiss residence permit, can also apply for visas with specified fees according to their nationality.
Generally, the following documents are required
- 1 x Filled-in Visa Application Form.
- 3 x recent photographs (the applicants are requested to follow the guidelines for photographs as detailed in the Visa Application Form).
- Required fee (For nationals having Swiss passport: Single entry 40 CHF; multiple entry 80 CHF)
- Different visa fees apply for other foreign Nationals; please see below (section 2.2.4).
- Travel plan (copies of ticket and confirmation of place of residence). Visa on Arrival (VoA)
Swiss citizens may obtain VoA when travelling to Bangladesh for some specific purposes:
- official business
- potential investors,
- members of defense and security forces (with prior clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs of the government of Bangladesh)
Notes on VoA
- Visa on arrival for eligible travelers will be given for a period of not more than 30 days, single entry.
- The immigration officer at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) will approve this after examining all relevant documents and after his/her full satisfaction.
- The travelers who wish to take visa on arrival at a Bangladeshi port of entry must do the following:
- Fees has to be submitted cash in US $/Euro/ Pound sterling
- Travelers other than those on govt. duty must have a minimum of US $ 500 in cash or in credit card with them
- Must possess a return ticket if they come for a short time Also Swiss citizens of above categories are eligible for visa on arrival if they travel to Bangladesh from a country where there is no resident Bangladesh Embassy/Consulate.
- As some airlines may not allow passengers Visitors are hereby advised to check with their airlines to find out if the airlines allow their passengers to get on board without visa.
- Wife/husband and children of Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens may also be eligible for visa on arrival upon satisfaction of the immigration officer at the port of entry following submission of proof of that he/she is a Bangladeshi origin (like citizenship certificate, current/expired Bangladesh passport) foreign citizen. Visa on arrival may be given to officers/staff of foreign Embassies, UN and subsidiary organizations located in Bangladesh after scrutinizing their appointment letters and other related travel documents.
- Please note that visitors who intend to stay more than 30 days or needs multiple entry visa should apply in the Bangladesh Embassy/consulates prior to their departure for Bangladesh.
- All persons need valid national passports to visit Bangladesh. Passports are not required for holders of Certificate/Laissiez-passer issued by the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies; Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman book (when traveling on duty).
No Visa (NVR) Seal:
- The Bangladesh Permanent Mission in Geneva also issues "No Visa Required for Travel to Bangladesh" (NVR) seal to Bangladesh-origin citizens of some foreign countries and their family members (wife and children). This endorsement allows them multiple entries into Bangladesh with no restrction on duration of stay within the validity of the passport. Click here for more information on No Visa Required (NVR) seal and procedure for submission of application.
|Country||Single Entry||Multiple Entry|
|Switzerland||CHF 40.00||CHF 80.00|
|Albania||CHF 2.00||CHF 4.00|
|Argentina||CHF 30.00||CHF 60.00|
|Austria||CHF 70.00||CHF 140.00|
|Belgium||CHF 70.00||CHF 140.00|
|Cameroon||VISA required without fees||VISA required without fees|
|Canada||CHF 60.00||CHF 110.00|
|China||CHF 20.00||CHF 100.00|
|Colombia||CHF 40.00||CHF 175.00|
|Costa Rica||CHF 20.00||CHF 35.00|
|Cyprus||CHF 5.00||CHF 10.00|
|Czech Republic||CHF 21.00||CHF 41.00|
|France||CHF 75.00||CHF 150.00|
|Finland||CHF 40.00||CHF 80.00|
|Germany||CHF 70.00||CHF 140.00|
|Greece||CHF 50.00||CHF 50.00|
|Hungary||CHF 55.00||CHF 105.00|
|India||VISA required without fees||VISA required without fees|
|Portugal||CHF 70.00||CHF 140.00|
|Romania||CHF 35.00||CHF 70.00|
|Russia||CHF 40.00||CHF 80.00|
|Serbia||CHF 20.00||CHF 66.00|
|South Africa||VISA required without fees||VISA required without fees|
|Spain||CHF 35.00||CHF 70.00|
|Sri Lanka||Free for Tourist (up to one month)||Free for Tourist (up to one month)|
|Turkey||CHF 15.00||CHF 30.00|
|Ukraine||CHF 60.00||CHF 120.00|
|United Kingdom||CHF 60.00||CHF 120.00|
|United States||CHF 160.00||CHF 160.00|